Saturday, February 21, 2009

Review: Bones to Ashes

Bones to Ashes Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm leaning more towards a 3.5 stars. At any rate, I liked this one more than some of the other Kathy Reichs books I've read. To be honest, I think I like Bones better than I like the Temperance Brennan books.

This book hit closer to home than some of the others, and, as usual, Reichs makes some annoying geography booboos. It takes until much later to acknowledge that Miramichi, NB used to be two separate, smaller cities, Newcastle and Chatham. The only reference to Chatham is a one-off, without really explaining where it is.

The story was interesting, and, as usual, the plot, not the writing, carries the story. I'm getting quite sick of Brennan and Ryan having a non-romance. I am glad, however, that Reichs refers to it as Lafleur's in this book, instead of Lafleur as she did in the other books. She does throw off the Schwartz's full name, but whatever - it's nice to have a bit of the Montreal language dichotomy in there for colour.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I will give it 5 out of 5 and living in the UK I was unaware of any geographical errors. I assume it was nice for you to read a book set around your home town. The joy of this book for me is the attention to detail which makes it such an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete