Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I overheard a mom at Babies in the Library talking about how she's still skeptical about vaccines, even though she's vaccinating her kid. She said something about vaccines being stronger these days, about kids getting side effects, but she'd feel horrible if her kid came down with the measles or something worse.
Babble has a piece about how the anti-vaccine crap started and how it's all a big lie. An easy to believe lie, since it's easy to believe drug companies are evil. You know, since they often are.
I hope that parents smarten up and start vaccinating their kids again. I know that my co-worker with the autistic son blames his vaccinations. I think her son, nice kid that he is, just drew the short straw. And it sucks, but there's no point in telling other people their kid is autistic because of the protection from real dangers like measles, mumps and rubella.
It makes me so mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment